Benefits compliance in 2021 has never been more challenging; the implications of the Affordable Care Act pale in comparison to 2021. Employers are required to know all of their obligations. We understand the intensity of compliance and have created a 2021-22 Compliance Playbook to help you. This playbook summarizes the vexing challenges Employers are facing and gives you practical, real world advice on how to understand these obligations.
• Cafeteria plan & flexible spending account accommodations
• Change tax treatment of dependent care benefits (qualifying children)
• Outbreak period guidance (suspension of COBRA and HIPAA special deadlines)
• American Rescue Plan Act COBRA subsidies & their interplay the outbreak
• Mental health parity
• Healthcare plan cost reporting
• Prohibition on price and quality data gag clauses
• Healthcare plan online price comparison tool
• Healthcare plan “advance explanations of benefits”
• In-network, out-of-network and prescription drug costs
• Surprise billing requirements and protocols
• New ID cards
• New network accuracy requirements
• New “continuity of care” disclosures
• New broker/consultant/vendor compensation disclosure requirements
For more information on these topics and more, please contact me
Leave a Reply.
Mike Smith - trying to put my history degree to good use through research and writing . Mom would be proud but she still wanted me to study business.